Proving themselves hotter than ever, The Red Hot Chile Peppers' latest album, Stadium Arcadium, released on May 9, 2006 sold a half-million copies in its first week, thereby becoming the Funk-rock megagroup's first-ever Number One debut. The band went on to win 5 Grammys at the 2007 award ceremonies. More than 20 years after it's inception, RHCP is still producing music that is fresh, exciting and relevant.
Red Hot Chili Peppers Bio Facts
- Current Members: Anthony Kiedis, vocalist; Michael "Flea" Balzary, bassist; John Frusciante, guitarist; Chad Smith, drummer.
- Past Members: Hillel Slovak, original guitarist; Jack Irons, original drummer; Dix Denney; Jack Sherman; Cliff Martinez; Dwayne "Blackbird" McKnight; D.H. Peligro; Arik Marshall; Jesse Tobias; Dave Navarro.
- Record Labels: 1983 - signed with EMI; 1991 to Present - Warner Brothers Records.
- Inspiration: Social injustice; Environmental issues.
- Albums: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Freaky Styley, The Uplift Mofo Party Plan, Mother's Milk, Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Live Rare. Remix Box, One Hot Minute, Californication, By the Way, Live in Hyde Park, RHCP's Greatest Hits, Stadium Arcadium.
- Tragedy Strikes: Hillel Slovak dies from a heroin overdose on June 25, 1988.
- Defining Moments: 1997 - John Frusciante rejoins the group replacing Dave Navarro.
- Mileposts: Stadium Arcadium becomes the first Chili Peppers Album to debut at number one.
Some Chili Peppers Quotes:
"You know, we love punk rock so much, and we did catch the tail end of the very potent wave of punk rock in Hollywood, in Los Angeles. We were little sponges on the streets of Hollywood, kind of soaking up this aesthetic and this music and this energy and attitude." ~ Anthony Kiedis
"...we don't have any limits or rules for ourselves about what music is or what we can play. We can play anything we want to play, and anyone who wants to listen to it, can." ~ Anthony Kiedis
"When I originally decided to become a drug addict, it was a clear decision. I was very sad, and I was always happy when I was on drugs; therefore, I thought I should be on drugs all the time." ~ John Frusciante
"John is the greatest musician in the world -- the artistic center of his brain is pretty much all of his brain." ~ Michael "Flea" Balzary on John Frusciante
"The fact that people can stay sincere and have joy in their lives in the face of phoniness or economic elitism is a testament to the spirit of Los Angeles." ~ Flea
© Copyright 2003- by Ace Toscano. All rights reserved.